504 Gateway Time-out on generation of schema in Roma

504 Gateway Time-out on generation of schema in Roma

Peter Boot-3

The text on the homepage suggests Roma is up and running. However, both Roma’s (https://roma.tei-c.org/ and https://roma2.tei-c.org/) give the above error when generating a schema. The rest of the site works as expected, as far as I’ve seen.

Peter Boot ([hidden email])

Senior researcher

Huygens Institute for the History of the Netherlands (Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences)

http://www.huygens.knaw.nl/boot/

http://peterboot.nl/

Tel.: +31 20 2246825

Re: 504 Gateway Time-out on generation of schema in Roma

James Cummings-5

Hi Peter,

Thanks for reporting this. It _appears_ to be a problem with OxGarage. (oxgarage2.tei-c.org gives me a 504 Gateway Time-out), however roma.tei-c.org did eventually give me a schema.

For people's general knowledge OxGarage does the format transformation of running the TEI-C Stylesheets for TEI ODD Customisation to Relax NG Schema.

Many thanks,

James

--

Dr James Cummings, [hidden email]
Senior Lecturer in Late-Medieval Literature and Digital Humanities

School of English, Newcastle University

Re: 504 Gateway Time-out on generation of schema in Roma

Peter Stadler
Hi Peter,

sorry for the inconvenience!
It took some time because I was on vacation, but both roma instances (roma.tei-c.org and roma2.tei-c.org) should be up and running again. To add some more background to what James already wrote: Roma relies on Oxgarage to process the schema and documentation formats (i.e. roma sends a server side request to the Oxgarage service once you hit the „Generate“ button). The primary Roma should send to the primary Oxgarage and the secondary Roma to the secondary Oxgarage. There was a short window when both Roma instances sent requests to an unavailable Oxgarage service – and you hit it!
While it was easy to fix Roma (by temporarily pointing both instances at the working Oxgarage), the secondary Oxgarage service was impossible to fix via phone. But that’s solved now as well.

Best
Peter