A web app to publish the TEI XML abstracts of the TEI conference 2016

A web app to publish the TEI XML abstracts of the TEI conference 2016

Hannesschläger, Vanessa

Dear colleagues,

a little while ago, we announced the publication of the TEI 2016 conference abstracts as XML TEI files on Github (https://github.com/acdh-oeaw/TEI2016abstracts) and invited you to do any work you might be inspired to do with these documents. Indeed, someone was inspired: Our ACDH colleague Peter Andorfer ([hidden email]) built “A little application to publish the abstracts of the TEI conference 2016” with the assistance of Vanessa Hannesschläger ([hidden email]). The app also includes several analyses of the data such as charts showing the gender distribution among the conference contributors. We are very happy to be able to share this application with you, which you can access here: https://tei2016app.acdh.oeaw.ac.at/

If you would like to edit or work with the data or have a wish for further functionalities, please visit the code repo on Github (https://github.com/acdh-oeaw/tei-abstracts-app) and leave us an issue. If you find the app useful and would like to use it for publishing the abstracts of your own next conference, please do not hesitate to do so: The code is open source!

If you have any comments or remarks, we will love to hear from you.

Best wishes,

The TEI 2016 conference team