[ANN] Balisage 2018 Program updated with Late-breaking News

[ANN] Balisage 2018 Program updated with Late-breaking News

Tommie Usdin
The Balisage 2018 program has been enhanced with late-breaking
presentations. Take a look at the program:
https://www.balisage.net/2018/Program.html

The 2018 program includes papers that reflect and look forward, and that discuss the use of markup to: manage documentation, visualize large XML datasets, explore dominant and recessive heirarchies (overlap!), examine the balance between declarative and imperative forms, gather, collate, and analyze large volumes of web data, consider the precise nature of relationships, discuss making data comprehensible with style guides, explore the role of metaphor in our understanding of technology, teach us to think of documents as hypergraphs, imagine new forms of stand-off markup, consider the importance of understanding what we are trying to build, make hard things easier, push our favorite technologies into new places both familiar and unexpected, scale up, and scale out.

The day before Balisage will be a symposium on “Markup Vocabulary Ecosystems”.
See details at:
https://www.balisage.net/VocabEco/symposiumProgram.html

Register at: https://www.balisage.net/registration.html

NOTE: TEI members are eligible for discount registration

Balisage: The Markup Conference 2018          mailto:[hidden email]
July 31 - August 3, 2018                       http://www.balisage.net
Preconference Symposium: July 30, 2018                 +1 301 315 9631