[ANN] Call for Late-Breaking News - Balisage 2018

[ANN] Call for Late-Breaking News - Balisage 2018

Tommie Usdin
Call for Late-breaking News: Balisage 2018!

The peer-reviewed part of the Balisage 2018 program has been
scheduled (https://www.balisage.net/2018/Program.html). The
committee left a few spaces for late-breaking news. If you
want to speak at Balisage 2018 NOW IS THE TIME to write
up your idea; proposals are due July 6.

Guidelines: https://www.balisage.net/latebreaking-call.html

Your proposal should be either:

a) really late-breaking (it reports on something that happened in
the last month or two) or

b) a well-developed paper, an extended paper proposal, or a very
substantial abstract on a topic related to markup and not already
on the 2018 conference program.

Read more about Balisage 2018:  https://www.balisage.net/
Questions or submissions: [hidden email]

Balisage: The Markup Conference 2018          mailto:[hidden email]
July 31 - August 3, 2018                       http://www.balisage.net
Preconference Symposium: July 30, 2018                 +1 301 315 9631

Re: Ontologies SIG at the 2018 conference

Constance Crompton

On Sep 8, 2018, at 8:01 AM, Constance Crompton <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi all,

This is just a quick note to the members in Tokyo this week that the Ontologies SIG will be meeting in on Tuesday the 11th at 9:00 to discuss shared interests. I was thinking we might take Fabio Ciotti and Francesca Tomasi's 2016 article as our touchstone to start the discussion.

See you in a few days,
Connie

______________________
Constance Crompton (she/her/hers)
Assistant Professor | Professeure adjointe
Department of Communication | Département de communication
University of Ottawa | Université d'Ottawa
11154-55 Laurier E, Ottawa ON, K1N 6N5
(613) 562-5800 ex 3841 | @clkcrompton | constancecrompton.com

The University of Ottawa is located on the traditional unceded territory of the Algonquin Anishnaabeg people

On May 29, 2018, at 8:17 PM, Constance Crompton <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi all,

Christian-Emil Ore, Elisa Beshero-Bondar, Kathryn Tomesek and I have been talking on and off this last year about rebooting the Ontologies SIG (with thanks to  Øvynde Eide). We’d like to ask if anyone is interested in joining us at a Ontologies SIG meeting at the upcoming conference in Tokyo. Kiyonori Nagasaki has kindly agreed to arrange meeting space for us on the 9th or 10th of September.

We’d welcome expressions of interest through to July 15th, then we can plan the agenda (demos, mini-workshops, position papers, a general discussion?) as a group.

Let's get together,
Best,
Constance

Constance Crompton