[ANN] Symposium on Markup Vocabulary Ecosystems

[ANN] Symposium on Markup Vocabulary Ecosystems

Tommie Usdin
Successful shared markup vocabularies, far from being just lists of tags, are the centers of complex ecosystems that support use and users while drawing support from both user communities and vendors.

The program for the Symposium on Markup Vocabulary Ecosystems is now available: https://www.balisage.net/VocabEco/symposiumProgram.html
In this symposium, on the day before Balisage: The Markup Conference 2018, we will discuss features of markup vocabulary ecosystems, how to nurture them, and how strategies to support some vocabularies might be useful to the communities that surround other markup vocabularies. We will discuss the ways in which we create and support shared vocabularies and how several successful vocabularies were created and how they are managed and documented.

Symposium Logistics:
- When: 30 July 2018
- Where: Cambria Hotel, Rockville, MD
        (a suburb of Washington, DC, 2 blocks from a Metro station)
- More Info: https://www.balisage.net/VocabEco/index.html
- Program: https://www.balisage.net/VocabEco/symposiumProgram.html
- Registration: https://balisage.net/registration.html
- Questions: [hidden email]

Balisage: The Markup Conference 2018          mailto:[hidden email]
July 31 - August 3, 2018                       http://www.balisage.net
Preconference Symposium: July 30, 2018                 +1 301 315 9631