Agenda for Digital Mitford Coding School: 21 - 25 May, Greensburg, PA USA

Agenda for Digital Mitford Coding School: 21 - 25 May, Greensburg, PA USA

Elisa Beshero-Bondar
Dear friends and colleagues in the TEI,
You may be interested in the agenda for the Digital Mitford Coding School, coming up later this month: https://ebeshero.github.io/DigMitCS/ . Registrations officially close tomorrow, Tuesday May 8 (by 11:59pm in my Eastern Standard timezone here in North America, but for members of this list, if you're simply interested in signing up but need a few days to arrange what you need to register, just let me know and I'll hold a space for you.

The Coding School is held at the lovely Greensburg, PA campus of the University of Pittsburgh, and while most of the instruction (and residency) will be in Greensburg, we've planned a day of instruction (and some sight-seeing) in downtown Pittsburgh (we'll arrange transportation). What's especially exciting to me about this year's Coding School is that we have more days to work with (thanks to some generous funding from Pitt's University Libraries), and that has given us room to bring in guest presenters like Patrick Juola, who will deliver a workshop on Stylometry working with Digital MItford materials. Participants in this workshop gain lots of XPath experience, and I'm planning introduce ODDs and teach XQuery and XSLT in some hands-on units. If you're just getting started with processing TEI, this is a great opportunity, and we hope an affordable one as well when you see the registration rates.  I hope some of you will join us, and please spread the word to anyone you know who might benefit!

Cheers,
Elisa

--
Elisa Beshero-Bondar, PhD
Director, Center for the Digital Text | Associate Professor of English