Announcing Winners of the 2017 TEI-C Elections for Board, Council and TAPAS

Announcing Winners of the 2017 TEI-C Elections for Board, Council and TAPAS

Dalmau, Michelle Denise
Dear TEI-L,

This year we held elections for the TEI-C Board of Directors (2 slots), the TEI-C Technical Council (6 slots) and the TAPAS Advisory Board (2 slots).  I would like to thank all of you who stood for elections this year, and congratulate those who were elected to serve on behalf of the TEI and TAPAS communities over the next two years:

> Board
• Kathryn Tomasek, Professor of History at Wheaton College
• Georg Vogeler, Professor for Digital Humanities at the Centre for Information Modelling at the University of

> Council
• Elisa Beshero-Bondar, Associate Professor of English at the University of Pittsburgh at Greensburg
• James Cummings, Senior Lecturer in English Literature at Newcastle University
• Elli Mylonas, Senior Digital Humanities Librarian in the Brown University Library
• Martina Scholger, PhD Fellow/Research Associate at the Centre for Information Modelling – Austrian Centre for Digital Humanities at the University of Graz
• Peter Stadler, Researcher at Carl Maria von Weber—Collected Works at the University of Paderborn
• Magdalena Turska, Marie Curie fellow of Digital Scholarly Editions ITN (DiXiT) at the University of Oxford IT Services

> TAPAS Advisory Board
• John Russell,  Assistant Librarian for Digital Humanities and Associate Director of the Center for Humanities and Information at the Pennsylvania State University
• Magdalena Turska, Marie Curie fellow of Digital Scholarly Editions ITN (DiXiT) at the University of Oxford IT Services

Voter turnout this year improved significantly from last year. Individual voting went up from 31% to 45%. Institutional voting went up from 39% to 45%. Following is the specific breakdown:

• 50 of 110 Individual Members Voted for Council and TAPAS Advisory Board (45% turnout)
• 24 of 52 Institutional Members Voted for Board, Council and TAPAS Advisory Board (46% turnout)

I would like to thank outgoing Board member, Pip Willcox, Head of the Centre for Digital Scholarship at the Bodleian Libraries and Senior Researcher at the University of Oxford’s e-Research Centre, for her productive contributions to the the Board of Directors.  I would also like to thank the members of the Nominating/Elections committee for their excellent work: Alejandro Bia, Hugh Cayless, Luis Meneses, Kiyonori Nagasaki (Chair) and Laurent Romary.

You’ll be hearing more from the Board regarding elections in the coming months based on pending issues that Board has been considering for some time, and feedback we received as part of this year’s Business Meeting.

Once again, congratulations to the newly elected.

—Michelle
Chair, Board of Directors

-----
Michelle Dalmau
Head, Digital Collections Services, IU Libraries
Co-Director, Institute for Digital Arts & Humanities
Indiana University
-----
Herman B Wells Library
1320 East 10th Street