Archive of Keats poetry in TEI?

Martin Holmes
Hi all,

Does anyone know whether a TEI-encoded archive of Keats poetry exists?

Re: Archive of Keats poetry in TEI?

Elisa Beshero-Bondar-2
Hi Martin— As someone who regularly teaches and researches early 19th-century lit, I’m not aware of any such comprehensive TEI archive for Keats. (It’s interesting how few such exist…I don’t think we have the Wordsworths, Coleridge, Byron or the Shelleys either…) When I search, by the way, on Keats and TEI, I find Kate Singer’s terrific post here, which surveys some major literary TEI projects and promotes students’ working with TEI in the classroom: https://jitp.commons.gc.cuny.edu/digital-close-reading-tei-for-teaching-poetic-vocabularies/

—Elisa
--
Elisa Beshero-Bondar, PhD
Director, Center for the Digital Text | Associate Professor of English

On Jan 24, 2018, at 11:20 AM, Martin Holmes <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi all,

Does anyone know whether a TEI-encoded archive of Keats poetry exists?

Re: Archive of Keats poetry in TEI?

Martin Wynne-4
On 25/01/18 05:00, TEI-L automatic digest system wrote:

> Date:    Wed, 24 Jan 2018 08:20:06 -0800
> From:    Martin Holmes<[hidden email]>
> Subject: Archive of Keats poetry in TEI?
>
> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone know whether a TEI-encoded archive of Keats poetry exists?
>
> Cheers,
> Martin

Yes. The Poems of John Keats in the Oxford Text Archive:
http://purl.ox.ac.uk/ota/3259.

Oxford Text Archive,
Bodleian Libraries,
University of Oxford
Tel: +44 1865 283813
[hidden email]

** Please note new email address and telephone number above (from November 2016) **