Attention XML Coders of All Levels: DHSI 2018 Wk 2 Course 44

Attention XML Coders of All Levels: DHSI 2018 Wk 2 Course 44

Elisa Beshero-Bondar

Greetings, TEI community!

This is a quick announcement about DHSI 2018 Course 44: XPath for Document Archaeology and Project Management, to be offered in week 2. We've just updated our course description to welcome new XML coders--you need not have any background with writing XPath, XSLT, or XQuery to join our course, since you will certainly learn the groundworks of it from us. Experienced hands are welcome, too: the course is going to be an intensive survey of many things you can do with XPath, and that's useful to anyone with XML projects in the planning stages or underway.

Read about it here:  https://github.com/ebeshero/UpTransformation/blob/master/dhsi-XPath_CourseDescription.md, and follow the link to the DHSI registration page. (I very much hope you and your friends will sign up!)

Please help us spread the word:  My co-instructor, David J. Birnbaum, is astoundingly knowledgeable of all things XPath and we're both of us experienced in teaching XPath to undergraduates. David taught me my foundations in XPath years ago, so I'm really looking forward to teaching with him! This is a great opportunity to learn some intensive XPath superpowers for building exciting things from XML projects of all kinds.

Cheers,

Elisa

--

Elisa Beshero-Bondar, PhD

TEI Technical Council member

Director, Center for the Digital Text | Associate Professor of English

University of Pittsburgh at Greensburg | Humanities Division

150 Finoli Drive

Greensburg, PA  15601  USA

E-mail:[hidden email]

Development site: http://newtfire.org