Conflicting ID-types for attribute "id" from namespace "http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace" etc. (again)

Peter Boot-3

Hello all,

I am getting the above error again (see earlier mail exchange at https://listserv.brown.edu/archives/cgi-bin/wa?A2=TEI-L;72ebf1f5.1512) when I generate a schema with elements in our own namespace. This time around, I do need the xenoData element, so the workaround of removing that element doesn’t work. Nor do I want to use the workaround of telling oXygen not to do ID/IDREF checking, because then it would still regularly pop-up for new encoders.

From the references to the council mailing list and the github issue in the previous mail round, I understand that I should redefine the content of xenoData to exclude anything that is in our own (non-TEI) namespace.

So, given that the actual work for defining xenoData happens in anyElement-xenoData, I need to redefine that in my ODD.

This is where I get stuck, because I have no idea what sort of thing anyElement-xenoData is, and how it would fit in an ODD. Is it a macro? I don’t see it on http://www.tei-c.org/release/doc/tei-p5-doc/en/html/REF-MACROS.html. I see a definition in the generated rng schema (a define element) but it is unclear to me how that would fit in an ODD.

My impression at the time was that the error had been resolved, but if it isn’t, can someone tell me how I should change my ODD to avoid it?

Thanks,

Peter

Peter Boot ([hidden email])

Senior researcher

Huygens Institute for the History of the Netherlands (Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences)

http://www.huygens.knaw.nl/boot/

http://peterboot.nl/

Tel.: +31 20 2246825

Re: Conflicting ID-types for attribute "id" from namespace "http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace" etc. (again)

Peter Stadler
Hi Peter,

I believe you’re looking for the @defaultExceptions attribute on <schemaSpec/>. Here you have to provide your namespace that will than be excluded from anyElement-xenoData.
NB: You have to append the default namespaces "http://www.tei-c.org/ns/1.0“ and "teix:egXML“ as well, when you’re setting this attribute. See http://www.tei-c.org/release/doc/tei-p5-doc/en/html/ref-schemaSpec.html

Best
Peter

> Am 22.03.2018 um 15:50 schrieb Peter Boot <[hidden email]>:
>
> Hello all,
>
> I am getting the above error again (see earlier mail exchange at https://listserv.brown.edu/archives/cgi-bin/wa?A2=TEI-L;72ebf1f5.1512) when I generate a schema with elements in our own namespace. This time around, I do need the xenoData element, so the workaround of removing that element doesn’t work. Nor do I want to use the workaround of telling oXygen not to do ID/IDREF checking, because then it would still regularly pop-up for new encoders.
>
> From the references to the council mailing list and the github issue in the previous mail round, I understand that I should redefine the content of xenoData to exclude anything that is in our own (non-TEI) namespace.
>
> So, given that the actual work for defining xenoData happens in anyElement-xenoData, I need to redefine that in my ODD.
>
> This is where I get stuck, because I have no idea what sort of thing anyElement-xenoData is, and how it would fit in an ODD. Is it a macro? I don’t see it on http://www.tei-c.org/release/doc/tei-p5-doc/en/html/REF-MACROS.html. I see a definition in the generated rng schema (a define element) but it is unclear to me how that would fit in an ODD.
>
> My impression at the time was that the error had been resolved, but if it isn’t, can someone tell me how I should change my ODD to avoid it?
>
> Thanks,
> Peter
>
> Peter Boot ([hidden email])
> Senior researcher
> Huygens Institute for the History of the Netherlands (Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences)
> http://www.huygens.knaw.nl/boot/
> http://peterboot.nl/
> Tel.: +31 20 2246825

Re: Conflicting ID-types for attribute "id" from namespace "http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace" etc. (again)