Digital Mitford Coding School, May 21-25, 2018; and DHSI Week 2 XPath Course

Digital Mitford Coding School, May 21-25, 2018; and DHSI Week 2 XPath Course

Elisa Beshero-Bondar
Dear TEI list,
I invite you to the Digital Mitford Coding School from 21 - 25 May 2018 at Pitt-Greensburg, and I hope you'll share this announcement with anyone you know who might benefit. For more information and how to apply, please see http://bit.ly/DigMitCoding2018

Join us if you want to learn text encoding methods and their applications in the Digital Humanities–in the unusual context of an active digital archive project. The Coding School is an unusual learning opportunity because it is part of an annual face-to-face summit for the Digital Mitford editing team to brush up on project methods and make major decisions (see http://digitalmitford.org ).  We welcome past coding school participants and new text encoders alike--regardless of background or discipline. Participants in the coding school with interests in women's writing in "the long 18th- and  19th-centuries" sometimes join the editing team. Others (from many disciplines and backgrounds) have found the Coding School useful for gaining perspective on launching and developing their own digital projects.

This course in late May would be a great preliminary experience to the DHSI course on XPath that I'm planning to co-teach with David Birnbaum in week 2 (11-15 June) in Victoria. Read about the DHSI course at https://github.com/ebeshero/UpTransformation/blob/master/dhsi-XPath_CourseDescription.md and follow the link to the DHSI registration page. There are tuition scholarships available for this course, but you need to apply for them, which you can do at http://www.dhsi.org/scholarships.php. We look forward to welcoming you to either or both courses, and please help spread the word!

Thanks for reading and sharing,
Elisa
--
Elisa Beshero-Bondar, PhD
TEI Technical Council Member (2018-2019)