Encoding conjectures

Stefanie Ertz

Von: TEI (Text Encoding Initiative) public discussion list [mailto:[hidden email]] Im Auftrag von Stefanie Ertz
Gesendet: Montag, 19. März 2018 15:38
An: [hidden email]

maybe someone can help me with the following problem: Is there any possibilty provided by the TEI Guidelines to mark some text element as conjectured other than by using the <choice>, resp. <corr> option?

There are, in the manuscripts I am actually working on, some discongruences between the “graphological” and the orthographic level, in which cases I would like to abstain from indicating any alternative reading while at the same time

Indicating that in this place, the reading has, although ‘morally certain’, some conjectural aspect.

Thanks in advance for your support,

Best regards,

Stefanie Ertz

Dr. Stefanie Ertz

Universität Paderborn

Center for the History of Women Philosophers & Scientists

Warburger Straße 100

33098 Paderborn

Email: [hidden email]

Website: https://historyofwomenphilosophers.org/

Re: Encoding conjectures

Philipp Vanscheidt-2
Dear Stefanie,

I am not sure whether I understand the problem properly. Can you give an
example? If you want to emend without giving the original spelling,
<corr> would be available at many places without <choice> like in "how
<corr>can we</corr> prove or disprove anyone's theories?" But if I
understand propely, you want to avoid <corr>, too.

Best,
Philipp

--
Technische Universität Darmstadt, Institut für Sprach- und
Literaturwissenschaft