Quantcast

How to encode Double Recensio phenomenon in TEI

How to encode Double Recensio phenomenon in TEI

Chiara Martignano
Dear all,

I am searching for examples of how to encode Double Recensio within TEI documents, in order to understand:
  • which are the most common encoding solutions;
  • and which are the problems related to the representation of this philological phenomenon.
If anyone of you could tell me about his/her solutions or redirect me to where I can find more information about it, that would really help my research.

All best,
Chiara Martignano

- Chiara Martignano -
Digital Humanities Student,
EVT project developer

Re: How to encode Double Recensio phenomenon in TEI

Elena Spadini
Ciao Chiara,

could you explain what do you mean by Double Recensio and maybe provide some examples?

Grazie,
Elena

I am searching for examples of how to encode Double Recensio within TEI documents, in order to understand:
  • which are the most common encoding solutions;
  • and which are the problems related to the representation of this philological phenomenon.
If anyone of you could tell me about his/her solutions or redirect me to where I can find more information about it, that would really help my research.

All best,
Chiara Martignano

- Chiara Martignano -
Digital Humanities Student,
EVT project developer

Re: How to encode Double Recensio phenomenon in TEI

Chiara Martignano
Hi Elena,

by "double recensio" I mean the case when the text of a critical edition is divided into two (or more) redactions. Typically, in printed critical editions, this case of multiple redactions is represented by splitting the text main column into two (or more) columns. Then each column has its owns critical apparatus.
I hope I made myself clearer this time. Elena, thank you for your help.

I am looking for examples of how to encode the multiple redactions readings of a critical text within a TEI document.

All best,
Chiara Martignano