Quantcast

ISO Standard for Language Codes

NACO (LC)
In the recent exchange of information, I have noted the
mention of the ISO Standard for Language Codes.  As
Chairman of the Registration Authority for this standard,
I would be happy to address any specific questions you
may have regarding the code.

By the way, I should alert you to the fact that this code
is considered inadequate for bibliographic purposes.
A working group has been established to draft a
3-letter code based to the fullest extent possible on
the USMARC code representation.  Therefore, I would
suggest that we not invest effort into investigation
of the 2-letter code for TEI purposes.

John D. Byrum

sm

To:  [hidden email]