MEC2021 update: Conference postponed to July 2021

MEC2021 update: Conference postponed to July 2021

Stefan Münnich

Dear list,

-- with apologies for cross-posting --

With the COVID-19 pandemic still not under control, it currently remains uncertain whether travelling in May would be safe enough for everyone. The various vaccines, among other factors, give reason to believe that the situation will improve in later months. Thus, the MEI Board, the Organizing Committee and Program Committee of the Music Encoding Conference 2021 in Alicante have decided to postpone the event by two months. The conference is now scheduled to take place from Monday 19 to Thursday 22 July 2021 and is additionally being prepared to be held in hybrid mode to allow either physical or virtual participation.

While all but panels or workshop submissions are still expected to be full-paper submissions, please note that submission deadlines have also been shifted to a new schedule and now the deadline for registration and upload of papers is 8 March 2021.

For further details please refer to the updated Call for Proposals: https://music-encoding.org/conference/2021/call/

We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this decision may cause to your schedules and planning, but we hope it is for the good and protection of everyone's health and of the Music Encoding Community.

In case of questions, feel free to contact: conference2021 at music-encoding.org.

For the Organizing committee: David Rizo
For the Program committee: Stefan Münnich
For the MEI Board: Elsa De Luca