Marie Sklodowska-Curie fellowship at Universitat de València (Spain)

Marie Sklodowska-Curie fellowship at Universitat de València (Spain)

Rosanna Cantavella
For your information.

Prof. Rosanna Cantavella
Universitat de València
https://uv.academia.edu/RosannaCantavella
Life Member, Clare Hall University of Cambridge
Editor, Magnificat Cultura i Literatura Medievals
https://ojs.uv.es/index.php/MCLM/
++++
++++

 Marie Sklodowska-Curie Action

Digital Humanities (Cultural Heritage and Computer Science) - University of Valencia

https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/jobs/hosting/expression-interest-eoi-marie-sklodowska-curie-action-digital-humanities-cultural

This research group has a strong interdisciplinary character, being comprised of researchers from two different areas in Universitat de València: cultural heritage and computer science.

We are open to collaboration with researchers interested in interdisciplinary approaches to textile heritage, especially if this involves the use of ICT and digital humanities, broadly considered.

Our main common effort is SILKNOW, a 3-year research project funded within the H2020 program, dealing with the application of various digital technologies (artificial intelligence, semantic web, big data, ontologies, 3D printing, and advanced visualization tools) to European silk heritage from the 15th to the 19th centuries. It applies next-generation computing research to the needs of diverse users: museums, education, tourism, creative industries, media…, thus preserving the tangible and intangible heritage associated with silk. Based on records from existing catalogues, it aims to produce digital modelling of weaving techniques, through automatic visual recognition, as well as multilingual and semantically enriched access to digital data.

While a doctoral degree would be desirable, candidates in the pre-doctoral level can also apply for collaboration with us. Although most communication within the project takes place in English, a working knowledge of Spanish is greatly encouraged, too, but not mandatory.

·         CONTACT

[hidden email] - [hidden email]

·         LOCATION

Spain, Valencia

·         ORGANISATION/COMPANY

University of Valencia

·         DEPARTMENT

Department of Art History / IRTIC: University Research Institute on Robotics and Information and Communication Technologies

Documents to be submitted by the candidates:

- CV.

- Proposal of research work to develop within our group, clearly indicating the links to our current work, and possible future perspectives of development.

- A sample of a few publications in pdf.

For more information about us and some publications, please see http://silknow.eu/

The University of Valencia is implementing since 2017 the Human Resources Strategy for Researchers (HRS4R),this seal recognizes the University’s ability to attract talent, create a favourable work conditions, encourage research and enhance the careers of researchers in Europe: https://www.uv.es/uvweb/research-service/en/uv-research/human-resources-strategy-researchers-1286005500771.html