Model projects encoding trail accounts vel sim.

Model projects encoding trail accounts vel sim.

Dot Porter-2
Hi everyone,

I'm sending a question on behalf of a colleague who is not on the list. She's looking for projects that have multiple encoded accounts/witnesses of an event/legal trial. How are their projects organized beyond the encoding itself but for searchability and visualization? What publication systems are they using?

The only project I can think of off the top of my head is the 1641 Depositions Project out of Trinity College Dublin (http://1641.tcd.ie/), but there must be more I just don't know.

My colleague is a medievalist but I'd welcome suggestions from any time period.

Thanks so much!

Dot

--
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Dot Porter (MA, MSLS)
Penn Manuscripts on Tumblr: http://upennmanuscripts.tumblr.com/
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Re: Model projects encoding trail accounts vel sim.

Paul Caton-4
Hi Dot,

How about City Witness?

Paul Caton.

On Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 2:57 PM, Dot Porter <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Dr. Paul Caton
Research Associate
Department of Digital Humanities
King's College, London

Re: Model projects encoding trail accounts vel sim.

Robinson, Peter
How about the various projects that deal with variant texts? The Greek New Testament projects at Munster and Birmingham come to mind, as do Shaw’s editions of Dante — samples at http://www.sd-editions.com/AnaAdditional/monarchiaEx/index.html and http://www.sd-editions.com/AnaAdditional/CommediaEx/CommediaExhome.html

Re: Model projects encoding trail accounts vel sim.

Dot Porter-2
Thanks Peter! I'll pass these along, although I didn't get the impression that she is dealing with variant texts. The general approach might be helpful, though.

Dot

--