New online course: "Digital Scholarly Editions: Manuscripts, Texts, and TEI Encoding"

New online course: "Digital Scholarly Editions: Manuscripts, Texts, and TEI Encoding"

Burghart Marjorie
Dear TEI-L members,

Elena Pierazzo and I are delighted to let you know that our online course "Digital Scholarly Editions: Manuscripts, Texts, and TEI Encoding" is now available on the #dariahTeach platform, a European resource gathering "open-source, high quality, multilingual teaching materials for the digital arts and humanities". The bulk of the course is taught by Elena and myself, but we had the pleasure of welcoming guest teachers Syd Bauman and Martin Holmes for an optional module on XSLT:

https://teach.dariah.eu/course/view.php?id=32
You can access as a "Guest", or use your own shibboleth login

The contents covers the equivalent of a typical TEI initiation workshop, with a particular focus on edition of manuscript texts and documents. Even though the videos were filmed in English, subtitles are available in French and English (we are also working to get the subtitles translated in other languages). This course is designed to be usable either in autonomous learning, or in a "flipped classroom" environment, where the students are invited to follow the course before meeting a teacher for a more hands-on session.
Should you want to use this course in your own teaching, we would be really interested to hear from you.

This course, which constitutes one of the outputs of the Erasmus SP+ DEMM and benefited from its experience, has been supported by the european projects DARIAH Humanities at Scale (integration of the training material into the #dariahTeach platform), the ITN DiXiT (translation of subtitles in other languages), and the TEI Consortium. It was filmed and edited with the technical support of the Institut des Sciences de l'Homme in Lyon.

With our best regards,
Marjorie Burghart and Elena Pierazzo

With our best regards,
Marjorie Burghart and Elena Pierazzo

Re: New online course: "Digital Scholarly Editions: Manuscripts, Texts, and TEI Encoding"

Burghart Marjorie
Thank you!

I realise that I made a typo in my original post: subtitles are also available in Italian (translated by Tiziana Mancinelli, Elena Spadini e Graziella Pastore), not only in French (translated by Elisa Nury) and English.

Best,
Marjorie

With our best regards,
Marjorie Burghart and Elena Pierazzo

Re: New online course: "Digital Scholarly Editions: Manuscripts, Texts, and TEI Encoding"

Elisa Beshero-Bondar-2
Congrats, Marjorie and Elena! This course looks wonderful and I love that we’ll be able to access the materials online! Count me as one of the people who may want to adapt and share a module or two or three of this with students!

Cheers,
Elisa
--
Elisa Beshero-Bondar, PhD
Director, Center for the Digital Text | Associate Professor of English

On Oct 9, 2017, at 9:40 AM, Marjorie Burghart <[hidden email]> wrote:

Thank you!

I realise that I made a typo in my original post: subtitles are also available in Italian (translated by Tiziana Mancinelli, Elena Spadini e Graziella Pastore), not only in French (translated by Elisa Nury) and English.

Best,
Marjorie

Marjorie Burghart and Elena Pierazzo

Re: New online course: "Digital Scholarly Editions: Manuscripts, Texts, and TEI Encoding"

williams
If it can teach and old dogs new tricks, I’ll be delighted.

Many thanks

Old Dog

Probably a black labrador in past life, an older lurcher in current life, ambition to become an intelligent black labrador (contradiction in terms)

Le 9 oct. 2017 à 17:16, Elisa Beshero-Bondar <[hidden email]> a écrit :

[...]

Janelle Jenstad

Congratulations … and thank you! Your work is very timely, in light of TEI 2017’s theme of “Pedagogy and Praxis” and our hopes to revive the Pedagogy SIG!

Best,

Janelle