ODD chaining, docs?

Piotr Banski
Hi all,

This is a good moment to explore new waters, and I'd love to see what
ODD-chaining options exist precisely and whether I can follow some good
practice guidelines in this respect, but I fail to find a relevant match
for "chain" or "chaining" in either Chapters 22/23 or the "Getting
Started with P5 ODDs" document. The relevant example in the
documentation for @source involves magic, so it's not very helpful either.

I tried to imagine being a new user who has just heard Susanne Haaf
speaking about ODD chaining and wants to learn more. So I searched the
tei-c site, the TEI wiki, and the Net. No real results, if one
disregards the encouragingly-titled "ODD chaining for idiots" document
[1]. I hope its being empty is not meant to be a message in itself... :-)

[1]: http://teic.github.io/TCW/howtoChain.html

In order to provide some ground for improving matters, I have started a
wiki article at

http://wiki.tei-c.org/index.php/ODD_chaining

... but as you can see, it's built on hope rather than facts, so far.

I will gladly add some more links there, if someone cares to share (or I
will rejoice at seeing them added).

Thanks in advance and best regards,

   Piotr

Re: ODD chaining, docs?

Lou Burnard-6
Why do you say the odd chai n ing tutorial is empty? Idid you try open i ng it with a webbrowser ?

Sent from my Huawei Mobile

   Piotr

Re: ODD chaining, docs?

Piotr Banski
Gosh yes, and I even looked at the source of it, to make sure.
Thanks, I'll investigate that.

   Piotr, suddenly full of hope

On 29/12/16 13:27, Lou Burnard wrote:

> Why do you say the odd chai n ing tutorial is empty? Idid you try open i
> ng it with a webbrowser ?
>
> Sent from my Huawei Mobile

Re: ODD chaining, docs?

Piotr Banski
Ahhh, unblocking githubusercontent.com helped! Thanks, Lou!! :-)