Phrase-level elements

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Phrase-level elements

John P. McCaskey-2

Is this claim in the Guidelines correct?

“We distinguish phrase-level elements, which must be entirely contained within a paragraph and cannot appear except within one . . . .”

Phrase-level elements frequently appear outside <p> elements. Does ”paragraph” there mean more than just <p> elements?

-- John

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Phrase-level elements

Elisa Beshero-Bondar
Ha! That doesn't seem right at all...of course we have phrase level elements in lines of poetry and speeches in plays, and ab (anonymous block) chunks. Sounds like a revision is in order...

Elisa

On Sun, May 21, 2017 at 3:16 PM, John P. McCaskey <[hidden email]> wrote:

Is this claim in the Guidelines correct?

“We distinguish phrase-level elements, which must be entirely contained within a paragraph and cannot appear except within one . . . .”

Phrase-level elements frequently appear outside <p> elements. Does ”paragraph” there mean more than just <p> elements?

-- John




--
Elisa Beshero-Bondar, PhD
Director, Center for the Digital Text | Associate Professor of English
University of Pittsburgh at Greensburg | Humanities Division
150 Finoli Drive
Greensburg, PA  15601  USA
E-mail:[hidden email]
Development site: http://newtfire.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Phrase-level elements

John P. McCaskey-2

I have opened an issue in GitHub.

John


On 5/21/2017 3:22 PM, Elisa Beshero-Bondar wrote:
Ha! That doesn't seem right at all...of course we have phrase level elements in lines of poetry and speeches in plays, and ab (anonymous block) chunks. Sounds like a revision is in order...

Elisa

On Sun, May 21, 2017 at 3:16 PM, John P. McCaskey <[hidden email]> wrote:

Is this claim in the Guidelines correct?

“We distinguish phrase-level elements, which must be entirely contained within a paragraph and cannot appear except within one . . . .”

Phrase-level elements frequently appear outside <p> elements. Does ”paragraph” there mean more than just <p> elements?

-- John




--
Elisa Beshero-Bondar, PhD
Director, Center for the Digital Text | Associate Professor of English
University of Pittsburgh at Greensburg | Humanities Division
150 Finoli Drive
Greensburg, PA  15601  USA
E-mail:[hidden email]
Development site: http://newtfire.org

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Phrase-level elements

Elisa Beshero-Bondar
Thanks! You beat me to it...:-)

Elisa

On Mon, May 22, 2017 at 3:19 PM, John P. McCaskey <[hidden email]> wrote:

I have opened an issue in GitHub.

John


On 5/21/2017 3:22 PM, Elisa Beshero-Bondar wrote:
Ha! That doesn't seem right at all...of course we have phrase level elements in lines of poetry and speeches in plays, and ab (anonymous block) chunks. Sounds like a revision is in order...

Elisa

On Sun, May 21, 2017 at 3:16 PM, John P. McCaskey <[hidden email]> wrote:

Is this claim in the Guidelines correct?

“We distinguish phrase-level elements, which must be entirely contained within a paragraph and cannot appear except within one . . . .”

Phrase-level elements frequently appear outside <p> elements. Does ”paragraph” there mean more than just <p> elements?

-- John




--
Elisa Beshero-Bondar, PhD
Director, Center for the Digital Text | Associate Professor of English
University of Pittsburgh at Greensburg | Humanities Division
150 Finoli Drive
Greensburg, PA  15601  USA
E-mail:[hidden email]
Development site: http://newtfire.org




--
Elisa Beshero-Bondar, PhD
Director, Center for the Digital Text | Associate Professor of English
University of Pittsburgh at Greensburg | Humanities Division
150 Finoli Drive
Greensburg, PA  15601  USA
E-mail:[hidden email]
Development site: http://newtfire.org
Loading...