Release 3.3.0

Scholger, Martina (martina.scholger@uni-graz.at)

Dear TEI Community,

the TEI Consortium has released version 3.3.0 of the TEI Guidelines (Codename: Johnny Rotten). Our release technicians today were Hugh Cayless and myself, assisted by Peter Stadler and James Cummings. The release was mostly uneventful, which is the way we like it. For details, please see the release notes below.

As always, we encourage you all to report bugs and make feature requests via the GitHub site at https://github.com/TEIC/TEI/issues. Your input is what tells us what to work on, and we cannot do without it! All of the TEI Consortium’s software projects are hosted at https://github.com/TEIC and issues or feature requests should be reported at the various project repositories there. The Guidelines are available from all the usual places (such as the TEI website http://www.tei-c.org/release/doc/tei-p5-doc/en/html/index.html and the GitHub site https://github.com/TEIC/TEI/releases/tag/P5_Release_3.3.0. A new release of the TEI Stylesheets has been made in conjunction with the 3.3.0 release at https://github.com/TEIC/Stylesheets/releases/tag/v7.44.0. See more details for the Debian package at http://packages.tei-c.org/deb/.

Best wishes and happy encoding!

Martina Scholger

Release 3.3.0 (code name: Johnny Rotten) of the TEI Guidelines introduces new features and resolves a number of issues raised by the TEI community. As always, the majority of these changes and corrections are a consequence of feature requests or bugs reported by the TEI community using the GitHub tracking system. A full list of the issues resolved in the course of this release cycle may be found under the <a href="https://github.com/TEIC/TEI/issues?q=is%3Aissue&#43;milestone%3A%22Guidelines&#43;3.3.0%22&#43;is%3Aclosed"> 3.3.0 milestone.

Highlights of this release include:

Dozens of wording improvements and corrections of typographic errors have been made to the Guidelines.

In addition, many improvements have been made to the XSLT stylesheets (which provide processing of TEI ODD files for Roma and OxGarage as well as other TEI conversions). The Stylesheets are maintained separately from the Guidelines and are at https://github.com/TEIC/Stylesheets.

Martina Scholger

Centre for Information Modelling – Austrian Centre for Digital Humanities

Elisabethstra├če 59/III

8010 Graz

AUSTRIA