SIG Newspapers and Periodicals (was: Re: TEI newspapers!)

SIG Newspapers and Periodicals (was: Re: TEI newspapers!)

Sinai Rusinek
Dear All,
Thank you, Dario Kampkaspar, for picking this up, and thanks Elisabeth and Till.  Cliff, will you be there?
Sadly, I too will not be able to join you this time, but it would be wonderful if the efforts would be taken up by whoever is there.
I'll use this opportunity to remind you of the Zotero group Cliff started: https://www.zotero.org/groups/704613/historical_periodicals
There are also minutes from the previous meeting and a folder with sample materials that participants in the previous meeting shared.

Although I no longer work for JPRESS, I still have interest in the topic and work on Periodica and Newspapers with my students. If there is a way of joining a meeting using Skype, I would love to join in from this side of the Atlantic.
With all best,
Sinai

Re: SIG Newspapers and Periodicals (was: Re: TEI newspapers!)

Martin Holmes
Hi Sinai,

Anyone with a laptop should be able to Skype you in. It's happening at
4pm Pacific time:

<http://hcmc.uvic.ca/tei2017/schedule.php#tuesnov1416001700>

On 2017-11-10 11:17 AM, Sinai Rusinek wrote:

> Dear All,
> Thank you, Dario Kampkaspar, for picking this up, and thanks Elisabeth
> and Till.  Cliff, will you be there?
> Sadly, I too will not be able to join you this time, but it would be
> wonderful if the efforts would be taken up by whoever is there.
> I'll use this opportunity to remind you of the Zotero group Cliff
> started: https://www.zotero.org/groups/704613/historical_periodicals
> <https://www.zotero.org/groups/704613/historical_periodicals>
> There are also minutes
> <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dS1lDDRMADggf_VsN1JKswsovcTbwxFJygxddKcee_Y/edit?usp=sharing> from
> the previous meeting and a folder
> <https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B_ITKb2ylzylR04weXAweENSQm8?usp=sharing> with
> sample materials that participants in the previous meeting shared.
>
> Although I no longer work for JPRESS, I still have interest in the topic
> and work on Periodica and Newspapers with my students. If there is a way
> of joining a meeting using Skype, I would love to join in from this side
> of the Atlantic.
> With all best,
> Sinai
>
> Sinai Rusinek
>
> Digital Humanities @ Haifa University <http://dighum.haifa.ac.il/>
>

> Sinai Rusinek
>
> Digital Humanities Israel <http://www.thedigin.org/en/#>
>
> Editor, Contributions to the History of Concepts
> <http://www.historyofconcepts.org/>

AW: SIG Newspapers and Periodicals (was: Re: TEI newspapers!)

Kampkaspar, Dario
Dear Sinai, dear Martin,

thanks for the continued interest in this SIG.

@Sinai: I'd be happy to patch you in via Skype if you want. Thank you, too, for providing the links so we can pick up on the previous work.

@Everyone who can't be present but wants to join the club via Skype: please send me an eMail with your Skype details and I will add you to a conference.

All best and see you on Tuesday,

Dario