September 11th 9:00-12:15: Ontologies SIG Meeting

September 11th 9:00-12:15: Ontologies SIG Meeting

Constance Crompton
Hi all,

This is a note to announce the TEI Ontologies SIG meeting at the TEI conference this year. Christian-Emil Ore, the convener of the SIG, won't be able to join us in person this year, but the gathering in Tokyo gives an excellent opportunity to get together and discuss ontologies, linked data, and the semantic web in a TEI context.

The SIG meeting is tentatively scheduled for Tuesday September 11th 9:00-12:15 -- Christian-Emil and I would be glad of formal expressions of interest (are there particular topics, SIG strategies, articles, or projects that you would like to discuss?), or to have folks come by the SIG meeting at the conference.

Thank you to Øyind Eid, Elisa Besharo-Bondar, Kathryn Tomasek, Kiyonori Nagasaki, the technical council and the directors for their support and guidance in getting the Ontologies gathering up and running this year.

See you in a few weeks,
Warmly,
Connie

______________________
Constance Crompton (she/her/hers)
Assistant Professor | Professeure adjointe
Department of Communication | Département de communication
University of Ottawa | Université d'Ottawa
11154-55 Laurier E, Ottawa ON, K1N 6N5
(613) 562-5800 ex 3841 | @clkcrompton | constancecrompton.com

The University of Ottawa is located on the traditional unceded territory of the Algonquin Anishnaabeg people

Re: September 11th 9:00-12:15: Ontologies SIG Meeting

Vanessa Bigot Juloux
Dear Constance,

By any chance, is this meeting will be live broadcast? I won’t be able to be in
Tokyo since I’ve already got a few commitments scheduled since a long time.

However, I’m really interested by ontologies—that will be part of a post doc project.

Best,
Vanessa

Please see my new volume CyberResearch on the Ancient Near East and Neighboring Regions, co-edited by V. Bigot Juloux, A. R. Gansell and A. di Ludovico: https://brill.com/view/title/34932.