Short(!) survey on code literacy amongst (digital) humanists

Short(!) survey on code literacy amongst (digital) humanists

Elli Bleeker
Dear members of the TEI-L,

I hope this message finds you healthy and well in troubling times.

I would like to call your attention to an in-depth survey on the topic of code literacy. The survey is created and conducted by a group of international researchers working at the Alan Turing Institute, Ghent University, Utrecht University, the Huygens Institute, and the Royal Netherlands Academy Humanities Cluster.

The goal of the survey is to gauge the current state of code literacy and its impediments (if any) to diffuse code literacy across the humanities domains. We would like to invite *anyone* active in the humanities (that means researchers, programmers, students, lecturers, code eaters and code haters alike!) to inform us about what code literacy means to them, or what they think it should be.

You will find the survey (and more information about the survey) at https://limesurvey.rd.di.huc.knaw.nl/index.php/819392. Filling the survey will take you no more than 15 minutes -- really! Perfect for a coffee break, or a short, more constructive distraction than doom scrolling.

Thanks for participating and giving us a wonderful, solid, and inclusive basis for investigating the topic of code literacy.

Please feel free to circulate this message widely amongst your colleagues . We have done so as well, so you may see our call appear on several lists.

On behalf of the survey team,

Elli Bleeker

------
dr. Elli Bleeker