Still looking for a Communications Officer for the TEI-C

Still looking for a Communications Officer for the TEI-C

Kathryn Tomasek-2
Hello everybody,

You may recall having heard from me several months ago, when I wrote to the list about the TEI-C's need for a Communications Officer.

Luis Meneses, who has been a wonderful webmaster for the past several years, is stepping down, and the Technical Council, Infrastructure Group, and Board have decided to reconfigure the former webmaster position into an opportunity for someone to serve the TEI as Communications Officer. The call is below.

In the meantime, please accept my best wishes for the winter holiday season.

Sincerely,
Kathryn

Call for Communications Officer

Are you looking for a way to become more involved in the Text Encoding Initiative Consortium’s (TEI-C) community? Do you have basic communications IT skills that you could share?

We’re looking for a Communications Officer to run the TEI-C’s online presence. This is a one-year post in the first instance, from January 2021 to December 2021, and open to renewal.

As Communications Officer, you  will:

  1. Administer the TEI's Wordpress website
  2. Assist with Web-archiving, for example conference websites
  3. Manage the TEI-C’s email lists
  4. Report (quarterly or as needed) in the TEI-C Board and Infrastructure meetings.

Our website is currently being redesigned and restructured, as we update the content and introduce multilingualism. The Communication Officer will collaborate in this effort, and maintain ongoing oversight of the site, helping to keep the information up to date.

The average time commitment is 1 – 2 hours per week. The TEI-C will pay a small stipend of 2,500 USD for this work.

We’re looking for someone:

  • Experienced in mailing list administration
  • Experienced in Wordpress administration
  • Responsive and happy to work as part of a team

Like other members of the Board and Technical Council, you will receive financial support to participate in the annual TEI-C conference.

The TEI-C is committed to diversity and inclusion, and ensures equal opportunity to all qualified individuals. We invite applications from all including those with diverse needs, backgrounds, and abilities.

If you are interested in this position please send a short CV and motivation statement to the Board of Directors ([hidden email]) by 15 January 2020.

If you’d like more information about the post, please contact:

Kathryn Tomasek, Chair of the Board: [hidden email]

Kathryn Tomasek
Chair, TEI-C Executive Board
Co-Editor in Chief, Scholarly Editing
Professor of History
Wheaton College
Norton, Massachusetts
@KathrynTomasek

Always learning--Toujours en train d'apprendre--Immer lernen--いつも学ぶ--Vždy se učí