TEI-C Membership Drive

Kathryn Tomasek-2
Dear all,

The Board is pleased to announce the launch of our 2018 membership drive.

Members of the TEI-C community who visit our website at tei-c.org
will notice a banner across the top with a slogan in your local language, encouraging you to support/join the TEI-C. Clicking on the slogan will take you to the membership page of the website, where you may choose a level of membership.

Please note that individual memberships are available for a donation of any amount if the regular fee of US$50.00 should prove unaffordable for any reason. And the TEI-C is now able to accept German credit card payments for memberships.

Membership in the TEI-C carries with it benefits, including those listed at http://members.tei-c.org/Join/benefits

We are particularly grateful to Treasurer Hugh Cayless, Board member Laurent Romary, and webmasters Luis Meneses and Kevin Hawkins for their work in making this membership drive possible.

Tell all your friends!

With best wishes,
Kathryn

Kathryn Tomasek
Chair, TEI-c Board of Directors
Professor of History
Wheaton College
Norton, Massachusetts
@KathrynTomasek

Always learning--Toujours entrain d'apprendre--Immer lernen--いつも学ぶ--Vždy se učí

Re: TEI-C Membership Drive

David Maus
On Wed, 20 Jun 2018 19:14:45 +0200,
Kathryn Tomasek wrote:

> [1  <text/plain; UTF-8 (quoted-printable)>]
> [2  <text/html; UTF-8 (quoted-printable)>]
> Dear all,
>
> The Board is pleased to announce the launch of our 2018 membership drive.
>
> Members of the TEI-C community who visit our website at tei-c.org
> will notice a banner across the top with a slogan in your local language, encouraging you to support/join the TEI-C. Clicking on the slogan will take you to the membership page of the website, where you may choose a level of membership.
>
> Please note that individual memberships are available for a donation
> of any amount if the regular fee of US$50.00 should prove
> unaffordable for any reason. And the TEI-C is now able to accept
> German credit card payments for memberships.

This is great news! The remaining problem is, that the registration
process is not using https, but plain http. This means that the
traffic to and from the website is not encrypted.

If I manually change the adress to https I get an security error
because the security certificate is valid for wildapricot.org, not
tei-c.org.

Hope this is something that can be fixed.

All the best,
  -- David

--
David Maus M.A.
Bibliothekarische IT-Projekte, Bibliothekssysteme
PGP Key 0x292EB8E568C7E0C9
dmaus.name ~ github.com/dmj ~ twitter.com/_dmaus

Re: TEI-C Membership Drive

Hugh Cayless-2
Done! Not sure why that wasn't enabled in a the first place, but easy enough to fix. Thanks for alerting us to the problem.

All the best,
Hugh

Kathryn Tomasek wrote:

> [1  <text/plain; UTF-8 (quoted-printable)>]
> [2  <text/html; UTF-8 (quoted-printable)>]
> Dear all,
>
> The Board is pleased to announce the launch of our 2018 membership drive.
>
> Members of the TEI-C community who visit our website at tei-c.org
> will notice a banner across the top with a slogan in your local language, encouraging you to support/join the TEI-C. Clicking on the slogan will take you to the membership page of the website, where you may choose a level of membership.
>
> Please note that individual memberships are available for a donation
> of any amount if the regular fee of US$50.00 should prove
> unaffordable for any reason. And the TEI-C is now able to accept
> German credit card payments for memberships.

This is great news! The remaining problem is, that the registration
process is not using https, but plain http. This means that the
traffic to and from the website is not encrypted.

If I manually change the adress to https I get an security error
because the security certificate is valid for wildapricot.org, not
tei-c.org.

Hope this is something that can be fixed.

All the best,
  -- David

> Membership in the TEI-C carries with it benefits, including those listed at http://members.tei-c.org/Join/benefits
>
> We are particularly grateful to Treasurer Hugh Cayless, Board member Laurent Romary, and webmasters Luis Meneses and Kevin Hawkins for their work in making this membership drive possible.
>
> Tell all your friends!
>
> With best wishes,
> Kathryn
>
> Kathryn Tomasek
> Chair, TEI-c Board of Directors
> Professor of History
> Wheaton College
> Norton, Massachusetts
> @KathrynTomasek
>
> Always learning--Toujours entrain d'apprendre--Immer lernen--いつも学ぶ--Vždy se učí

--
David Maus M.A.
Bibliothekarische IT-Projekte, Bibliothekssysteme
Herzog August Bibliothek, D-38299 Wolfenbüttel, Phone +49 5331 808-317
PGP Key 0x292EB8E568C7E0C9
dmaus.name ~ github.com/dmj ~ twitter.com/_dmaus

Re: TEI-C Membership Drive

David Maus
On Fri, 06 Jul 2018 17:10:08 +0200,
Hugh Cayless wrote:

> [1  <text/plain; UTF-8 (quoted-printable)>]
> [2  <text/html; UTF-8 (quoted-printable)>]
>
> Done! Not sure why that wasn't enabled in a the first place, but
> easy enough to fix. Thanks for alerting us to the problem.

Beautiful. Thanks! Payment went through, too.

  -- David