TEI Guidelines online: http://etext.virginia.edu/TEI.html

John Price-Wilkin-3
The University of Virginia Library is pleased to make the TEI
Guidelines for Electronic Text Encoding and Interchange (P3)
available via WWW.  This is NOT an HTML version of the
Guidelines.  Instead, it is the fully validated TEI-conformant
SGML version of the Guidelines, made browseable and searchable
through PAT, and rendered as HTML on-the-fly by perl.  (My perl

filtering is sometimes less than satisfying, but I'll continue
to work on improving it.  The process by which the interaction

with PAT was done will eventually be incorporated in
the ongoing documentation of the WWW-to-PAT gateway at
http://sansfoy.lib.virginia.edu/pub/www-to-pat/.)  Chapters,
sections, sub-sections, etc. are delivered by PAT's structure
search and retrieval.  Hypertext links created in the original
SGML are rendered as HTML anchors, which in turn initiate
structure searches.  We are very grateful to Open Text, who
allowed us to provide Internet-wide access to PAT.  We are also
extremely grateful to everyone involved in creating the
Guidelines for making such an invaluable resource freely
available in SGML.