TEI Web site

Mandell, Laura C. Dr.
TEI Web site Dear List:

The news about �Anthologize� made me wonder: is the TEI site WordPress or Drupal?  When did we switch, and are there xslts to make TEI documents into durpal or WordPress pages?

Best, Laura

Re: TEI Web site

Sewell, David R. (drs2n)
The content on www.tei-c.org is a composite of quite a few underlying
sources. To wit:

* Most of the content pages, such as those under Activities, Membership,
and About, live as mostly XML data in OpenCMS, a content management
system; our configuration converts TEI-XML to HTML on the fly

* The news sidebar on the main page and /News/ are pulled in
quasi-dynamically from content that lives in the TEI WordPress blog on
Sourceforge (http://sourceforge.net/apps/wordpress/tei/)

* Some areas of the site are simply filesystem mirrors of the current
TEI Sourceforge packages, e.g. the P4 and P5 Guidelines documentation
under /release, and Roma under /Roma

* Others are static filesystem directories with special material, such
as the "TEI Vault" (http://www.tei-c.org/Vault/)

* Yet others are pointers to TEI-related material hosted externally (the
TEI webstore at http://www.tei-shop.org/, the new TEI Journal aka J-TEI
site at http://journal.tei-c.org/)

All integrated via an Apache configuration file resembling the wiring
diagram of a nuclear submarine, and ably maintained by our sysadmin
Shayne Brandon.

On Fri, 6 Aug 2010, Mandell, Laura C. Dr. wrote:

> Dear List:
>
> The news about “Anthologize" made me wonder: is the TEI site WordPress or Drupal?  When did we switch, and are there
> xslts to make TEI documents into durpal or WordPress pages?
>
> Best, Laura

PO Box 801079, Charlottesville, VA 22904-4318 USA
Email: [hidden email]   Tel: +1 434 924 9973

Re: TEI Web site

Daniel O'Donnell-2
David gave a good explanation about how the TEI-C site is set up. But
there has also been work done on TEI and Drupal. The best person to
contact about that is probably Stephanie Schlitz at Bloomington.

--
Daniel Paul O'Donnell
Professor of English

Chair and CEO, Text Encoding Initiative (http://www.tei-c.org/)
Co-Chair, Digital Initiatives Advisory Board, Medieval Academy of America
President-elect (English), Society for Digital Humanities/Société pour l'étude des médias interactifs (http://sdh-semi.org/)
Founding Director (2003-2009), Digital Medievalist Project (http://www.digitalmedievalist.org/)

Vox: +1 403 329-2377
Fax: +1 403 382-7191 (non-confidential)
Home Page: http://people.uleth.ca/~daniel.odonnell/

Re: TEI Web site

Dot Porter-2
That would be Stephanie Schlitz at Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania. *Totally* different place.

http://facstaff.bloomu.edu/sschlitz/

Dot

President-elect (English), Society for Digital Humanities/Soci�t� pour l'�tude des m�dias interactifs (http://sdh-semi.org/)
Founding Director (2003-2009), Digital Medievalist Project (http://www.digitalmedievalist.org/)

Vox: +1 403 329-2377
Fax: +1 403 382-7191 (non-confidential)
Home Page: http://people.uleth.ca/~daniel.odonnell/

--
Dot Porter (MA, MSLS)� � � �
Email: [hidden email]

Re: TEI Web site

Daniel O'Donnell-2
Thanks Dot. I wasn't thinking (or proofing) in my haze of post-holiday
email answering. It's not that it was done well, but that it was done at
all.

-dan