TEI Workshop in April

Connell, Sarah
Dear all,

(With apologies for cross-posting.) I'm happy to announce that registration is now open for a TEI workshop offered by the Women Writers Project and the Digital Scholarship Group at the Northeastern University Library:

Introduction to TEI Encoding and Schema Design
Northeastern University, April 4–6, 2018
Cost: $450 ($300 for TEI members and students)
Registration deadline: March 30, 2018
Registration and more details at at: http://wwp.neu.edu/about/events.html

This three-day seminar will cover the essentials of TEI encoding and customization; we will begin with core concepts in XML and TEI, moving on to more complex encoding. In the second and third days, we will introduce customization and then discuss participants' projects, generating plans for encoding practices that will meet their goals and needs.

Seminar attendees will come away with a solid understanding of how TEI encoding can be adapted for their own research projects. After the workshop, all participants can contact WWP staff with questions and for additional guidance on their encoding as their projects progress.

If you have questions or would like any more information, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.

All my best,

Sarah

Sarah Connell
Assistant Director