TEI and Balisage pre-conference symposium

TEI and Balisage pre-conference symposium

Syd Bauman-10
_Balisage: the Markup Conference_ will take place in Rockville MD (a
suburb of Washington DC) this year from Tue 07-31 to Fri 08-03. The
pre-conference symposium (essentially an extra conference day with
all presentations revolving around a single topic) will be on Mon
07-30, and the topic will be TEI! Well, not really TEI. Rather the
topic will be shared markup systems, of which TEI is an excellent
example. Specifically
   "... we will discuss the features of markup vocabulary ecosystems,
    how to nurture them, and how strategies to support some
    vocabularies might be useful to the communities that surround
    other markup vocabularies. Our focus is on the ways in which we
    create and support shared vocabularies"

See http://www.balisage.net/VocabEco/index.html for a description and
the call for participation.

TEI-C is a co-sponsor of Balisage, so if you are a TEI-C member
(which costs a mere 50 USD for an individual) you pay 50 USD less for
the symposium, and 315 USD less for the conference.