TEI and EAD

Øyvind Eide-4
Dear all,

Does anybody know about recent work into integrating/interconnecting TEI with EAD? I know of the stuff more than ten years ago but TEI has evolved (and I would assume EAD is not exactly the same either) so: anything more recent?

Kind regards,

Øyvind

Re: TEI and EAD

Laurent Romary
Dear Øyvind,
We have recently issued a paper which has been accepted for Archival Science: https://hal.inria.fr/hal-01737568
where we describe how we use ODD for EAD customization. I don’t know it is what you had in mind.

An interesting topic where I would like to hear more feedback is bootstrapping TEI content my means of EAD input…

Laurent

Le 19 mars 2018 à 15:49, Øyvind Eide <[hidden email]> a écrit :

Dear all,

Does anybody know about recent work into integrating/interconnecting TEI with EAD? I know of the stuff more than ten years ago but TEI has evolved (and I would assume EAD is not exactly the same either) so: anything more recent?

Kind regards,

Øyvind

Laurent Romary
Inria, team ALMAnaCH

Re: TEI and EAD

Øyvind Eide-4
Dear Laurent,

interesting indeed, I will read it.

In addition to what you suggest, recent mappings between the two standards would be interesting too, also in the context of specific projects.

Kind regards,

Øyvind

Am 19.03.2018 um 15:57 schrieb Laurent Romary <[hidden email]>:

[...]

Torsten Schassan-2
Dear Øyvind,

Stefanie Gehrke worked on a reference transformation for manuscript
descriptions from EAD, MARC and TEI towards ESE/EDM in the scope of the
Euorpeana Regia project. Although it's been a while, it still may be of
use for the mapping.

You find her materials here:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/eregia2eseedm/

Best, Torsten

Am 20.03.2018 um 10:07 schrieb Øyvind Eide:

> Dear Laurent,
>
> interesting indeed, I will read it.
>
> In addition to what you suggest, recent mappings between the two standards would be interesting too, also in the context of specific projects.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Øyvind
>
>> Am 19.03.2018 um 15:57 schrieb Laurent Romary <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> Dear Øyvind,
>> We have recently issued a paper which has been accepted for Archival Science: https://hal.inria.fr/hal-01737568 <https://hal.inria.fr/hal-01737568>
>> where we describe how we use ODD for EAD customization. I don’t know it is what you had in mind.
>>
>> An interesting topic where I would like to hear more feedback is bootstrapping TEI content my means of EAD input…
>>
>> Laurent
>>

>>> Le 19 mars 2018 à 15:49, Øyvind Eide <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> a écrit :
>>>
>>> Dear all,
>>>
>>> Does anybody know about recent work into integrating/interconnecting TEI with EAD? I know of the stuff more than ten years ago but TEI has evolved (and I would assume EAD is not exactly the same either) so: anything more recent?
>>>
>>> Kind regards,
>>>
>>> Øyvind
>>
>> Laurent Romary
>> Inria, team ALMAnaCH

Torsten Schassan - Digitale Editionen, Abteilung Handschriften und
Sondersammlungen
Herzog August Bibliothek, D-38299 Wolfenbuettel, Tel. +49 5331 808-130
Fax -165
Handschriftendatenbank <http://diglib.hab.de/?db=mss>

Re: TEI and EAD

Øyvind Eide-4
Dear Torsten,

this is nice, and the links to other standards makes it more valuable.

Thanks!

Øyvind

> Am 20.03.2018 um 10:44 schrieb Torsten Schassan <[hidden email]>:
>
> Dear Øyvind,
>
> Stefanie Gehrke worked on a reference transformation for manuscript
> descriptions from EAD, MARC and TEI towards ESE/EDM in the scope of the
> Euorpeana Regia project. Although it's been a while, it still may be of
> use for the mapping.
>
> You find her materials here:
>
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/eregia2eseedm/
>
> Best, Torsten
>

> Am 20.03.2018 um 10:07 schrieb Øyvind Eide:
>> Dear Laurent,
>>
>> interesting indeed, I will read it.
>>
>> In addition to what you suggest, recent mappings between the two standards would be interesting too, also in the context of specific projects.
>>
>> Kind regards,
>>
>> Øyvind
>>
>>> Am 19.03.2018 um 15:57 schrieb Laurent Romary <[hidden email]>:
>>>
>>> Dear Øyvind,
>>> We have recently issued a paper which has been accepted for Archival Science: https://hal.inria.fr/hal-01737568 <https://hal.inria.fr/hal-01737568>
>>> where we describe how we use ODD for EAD customization. I don’t know it is what you had in mind.
>>>
>>> An interesting topic where I would like to hear more feedback is bootstrapping TEI content my means of EAD input…
>>>
>>> Laurent

>>> Laurent Romary
>>> Inria, team ALMAnaCH

> Torsten Schassan - Digitale Editionen, Abteilung Handschriften und
> Sondersammlungen
> Herzog August Bibliothek, D-38299 Wolfenbuettel, Tel. +49 5331 808-130
> Fax -165
> Handschriftendatenbank <http://diglib.hab.de/?db=mss>

Re: TEI and EAD

Stuart A. Yeates
I've been doing a lot of work with METS https://www.loc.gov/standards/mets/ which is a container format with native support for both TEI Headers and EAD.

METS may be the solution you're looking for if you have both TEI headers and EAD for the same complex object(s).

There are some samples at https://github.com/stuartyeates/METS_metadata_for_complete_beginners / https://doi.org/10.6084/m9.figshare.5606917.v1

cheers
stuart

On 20 March 2018 at 03:49, Øyvind Eide <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear all,

Does anybody know about recent work into integrating/interconnecting TEI with EAD? I know of the stuff more than ten years ago but TEI has evolved (and I would assume EAD is not exactly the same either) so: anything more recent?

Kind regards,

Øyvind

Re: TEI and EAD

Hi Oyvind (and Torsten),

Years and years ago I did conversions of lots of EAD manuscript description records from the Bodleian. And much later. last year, when converting those to be all under the same schema for the Bodleian, I saw legacy traces of my earlier automatic conversion in records even if they had been manually updated since.

Best wishes,

James

--

Dr James Cummings, [hidden email]

School of English Literature, Language, and Linguistics, Newcastle University