TEI budget report

Martin Mueller

I did not go to the Members meeting in Victoria, but remain interested in the welfare of the TEI Consortium. I wanted to find some information about its current finances, but there is nothing on the web site. A treasurer’s report should in principle be a public document and provide information about the Consortium’s current income and longer-term future. Where do I find it?  It is possible to consult the membership information and piece together a rough picture. But that’s very rough and probably not reliable enough to get solid data.

I’m not sure whether the TEI list is the proper place to raise that question. In fact, I don’t think it is, but there does not seem to be a proper and two-way street medium for communication between the membership and its officers. For instance, the call for nominations was posted on the TEI list, but not in any direct communication to members. It is not a safe assumption that all members of the organization are members of the TEI list.

Re: TEI budget report

Dalmau, Michelle Denise
Hi, Martin,

We are super behind with the Business Meeting minutes. I will be circulating those to the Board for approval soon. Once approved, I will send a message to the list pointing folks to their location on the TEI-C website, which will include links to all the reports, including the Treasurer’s Report.

You raise a good point about sending certain communications to the membership as well as the list. It is our practice to send election-related information to both channels along with several other email lists. If that is the nominations call to which you are referring, it’s on the to-do list.

I posted a call for Nominations for the Rahtz Prize that I didn’t disseminate through the membership.

—Michelle