TeiCorpus

Mandell, Laura C. Dr.
TeiCorpus Dear All:

Speaking of Roma, I am using Roma to try to create a schema for teiCorpus documents.� Even though the teiCorpus element is in the core module, which is included by default, when I generate the schema, I get the warning, "Warning: teiCorpus is not reachable from root elements." Is that just because it IS the root?� Should this schema work?� The Ruskin project --which includes some fairly sophisticated TEI encoders -- is having a little trouble making the root teiCorpus work.

Best, Laura

Re: TeiCorpus

Peter Stadler
Maybe you have to declare teiCorpus as @start on schemaSpec?

Peter

Am 15.10.2010 um 16:48 schrieb Mandell, Laura C. Dr.:

> Dear All:
>
> Speaking of Roma, I am using Roma to try to create a schema for teiCorpus documents.  Even though the teiCorpus element is in the core module, which is included by default, when I generate the schema, I get the warning, "Warning: teiCorpus is not reachable from root elements." Is that just because it IS the root?  Should this schema work?  The Ruskin project --which includes some fairly sophisticated TEI encoders -- is having a little trouble making the root teiCorpus work.
>
> Best, Laura

Re: TeiCorpus

Lou Burnard
Yes, that's exactly right.

Roma assumes that most of the time you will be creating TEI-rooted
elements so by default the schema it generates assumes the same. To
change this you need to save the customization file, and edit the line
that says something like
<schemaSpec ident="myTEI" docLang="en" prefix="tei_" start="TEI"
xml:lang="en">
to say instead
<schemaSpec ident="myTEI" docLang="en" prefix="tei_"
start="TEI|teiCorpus" xml:lang="en">

Note however that if you start from the "TEI for language corpora"
template,  Roma will do this automatically for you.

On 15/10/10 16:16, Peter Stadler wrote:

> Maybe you have to declare teiCorpus as @start on schemaSpec?
>
> Peter
>
> Am 15.10.2010 um 16:48 schrieb Mandell, Laura C. Dr.:
>
>> Dear All:
>>
>> Speaking of Roma, I am using Roma to try to create a schema for teiCorpus documents.  Even though the teiCorpus element is in the core module, which is included by default, when I generate the schema, I get the warning, "Warning: teiCorpus is not reachable from root elements." Is that just because it IS the root?  Should this schema work?  The Ruskin project --which includes some fairly sophisticated TEI encoders -- is having a little trouble making the root teiCorpus work.
>>
>> Best, Laura

Re: TeiCorpus

Sebastian Rahtz
Annoyingly, if you dont specify the start attribute at all, and teiCorpus is present the transform figures out that both <TEI> and <teiCorpus>
are allowed.

I'll make the next version of Roma omit the @start by default

--
Sebastian Rahtz
Information and Support Group Manager, Oxford University Computing Services

Sólo le pido a Dios
que el futuro no me sea indiferente