Transforming TEI-P4 and TEI-lite into a new TEI-based scheme

Transforming TEI-P4 and TEI-lite into a new TEI-based scheme

Wingerath, Markus
Dear list members,
I am currently working on the edition of the protocols of the cabinet of the state government of Northrhine-Westfalia (Edition "Die Kabinettsprotokolle der Landesregierung von Nordrhein-Westfalen". We're currently in a transition from the old version of the online presentation within the portal archive.nrw.de to a new system. Therefore I whipped together a TEI (P5)-based scheme which is supposed to be the basis for all editions within the portal - currently it's just the cabinet protocols.
From my predecessors I "inherited" files encoded in TEI-lite (P4-based) and TEI P4. The first only got structurally marked up, whereas the later received a more detailed markup - unfortunately due to the work process at that time I can't guarantee the mark up is sound, e.g. the same kind of text structure/entity wasn't marked by different elements.
We would now like to transform theses old files into the new scheme and add some markup to the files which only have a structural markup. This would include NER for persons, names and subjects for which we can provide the lists/indeces from the printed versions as well as the

Landesarchiv Nordrhein-Westfalen
Abteilung Rheinland
Schifferstra├če 30
47059 Duisburg
Tel.: +49 203 98721-427
Fax: +49 203 98721-111

Transforming TEI-P4 and TEI-lite into a new TEI-based scheme

Wingerath, Markus
Dear list members,

Apologies for the first unfinished email.

I am currently working on the edition of the protocols of the cabinet of the state government of Northrhine-Westfalia (Edition "Die Kabinettsprotokolle der Landesregierung von Nordrhein-Westfalen". We're currently in a transition from the old version of the online presentation within the portal archive.nrw.de to a new system. Therefore I whipped together a TEI (P5)-based scheme which is supposed to be the basis for all editions within the portal - currently it's just the cabinet protocols.
From my predecessors I "inherited" files encoded in TEI-lite (P4-based) and TEI P4. The first only got structurally marked up, whereas the later received a more detailed markup - unfortunately due to the work process at that time I can't guarantee the mark up is sound, e.g. the same kind of text structure/entity wasn't marked by different elements.

We would now like to transform theses old files into the new scheme and add some markup to the files which only have a structural markup. This would include NER for persons, names and subjects for which we can provide the lists/indeces from the printed versions as well as the creation of a header for each file. Due to various circumstances we would like to commission the work or commission a tool which we could use with further projects as well.
Since I have no prior experience with anything like that, I'd like to get your opinion on service providers you've worked with, price range and/or time frame for something like this.

Thanks in advance,
Markus Wingerath