Translation frameworks?

richard light

Hi,

Given a source XML document, what frameworks are available to help people translate its content to another language, while retaining the original XML structure and identifiers (<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="xml:ids">xml:ids)?

Thanks,

Richard

Richard Light

Re: Translation frameworks?

Frederik Elwert
Hi,

ITS Tool seems to be suitable: http://itstool.org/documentation/basic-usage.html

You can even create custom rules for extracting translatable content: https://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/manual/html_node/Preparing-ITS-Rules.html#Preparing-ITS-Rules

Best,
Frederik

--
Dr. Frederik Elwert

Digital Humanities Coordinator
Center for Religious Studies
Ruhr-University Bochum

Universitätsstr. 90a
D-44780 Bochum

Phone +49(0)234 32-23024

Re: Translation frameworks?

Serge Heiden-2
Hi,

I suggest to also have a look at OmegaT : http://omegat.org.
We use it for Libre Office Writer Open Document Format (.odt),
but it is also supposed to work with :
- DocBook (*.xml)
- (X)HTML (*.html, *.xhtml,*.xht)
- Schematron (*.sch)
- Microsoft Office Open XML (*.docx, *.dotx, *.xlsx, *.xltx, *.pptx)
etc.

It has a high level User Interface for translation work and for
translation ressources management (translation memories,
glossaries, etc.). And of course it is open source.

Best,
Serge

--
Dr. Serge Heiden, slh AT ens-lyon.fr, http://textometrie.ens-lyon.fr
Équipe de recherche Cactus, laboratoire IHRIM UMR5317, ENS de Lyon
15, parvis René Descartes 69342 Lyon BP7000 Cedex, tél. +33(0)622003883

Re: Translation frameworks?

Daniel Stoekl Ben Ezra-2

is there a possibility to get a tutorial on omegat?

daniel

Re: Translation frameworks?

Kevin Hawkins

The documentation section of the OmegaT website includes links to tutorials, HOWTOs, and other documentation in a few languages.  --Kevin

On 11/28/17 10:15 AM, Daniel Stoekl wrote:

is there a possibility to get a tutorial on omegat?

daniel

Richard Light

Re: Translation frameworks?

Daniel Stoekl Ben Ezra-2

Yes, thanks, I saw that but it is still quite a steep learning curve. Do you or anybody else knowing of human beings providing life or visio tutorials in France?

Kind regards

Daniel

Please see my new Dead Sea Scrolls textbook published at UTB/Mohr-Siebeck:
www.utb-shop.de/9783825246815