Two schema questions

Torsten Schassan-2
Dear colleagues,

I generated a schema via ROMA and for various elements, the attribute
@rendition has been included twice:

<ref name="TEI_att.global.attribute.rendition"/>
<ref name="TEI_att.global.rendition.attribute.rendition"/>

I guess it's a bug? Does anyone know why it appears or how to solve it?

For the second question I don't really know whether it is an Oxygen or a
schema question:

My schema contains att.global.responsibility. This group is referenced
from att.global. att.global is included in every element definition.

Nonetheless, Oxygen doesn't show the attributes from
att.global.responsibility for all elements during editing. The
attributes aren't shown for most elements but they are shown e.g. for
<origin> or <provenance>.

Best, Torsten

--
Torsten Schassan - Digitale Editionen, Abteilung Handschriften und
Sondersammlungen
+49-5331-808-130 (Fax -165)
Handschriftendatenbank* http://diglib.hab.de/?db=mss

Re: Two schema questions

C. M. Sperberg-McQueen
> On Feb 28, 2017, at 8:41 AM, Torsten Schassan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Dear colleagues,
>
> I generated a schema via ROMA and for various elements, the attribute @rendition has been included twice:
>
> <ref name="TEI_att.global.attribute.rendition"/>
> <ref name="TEI_att.global.rendition.attribute.rendition"/>
>

> I guess it's a bug? Does anyone know why it appears or how to solve it?
>

> For the second question I don't really know whether it is an Oxygen or a schema question:
>
> My schema contains att.global.responsibility. This group is referenced from att.global. att.global is included in every element definition.
>
> Nonetheless, Oxygen doesn't show the attributes from att.global.responsibility for all elements during editing. The attributes aren't shown for most elements but they are shown e.g. for <origin> or <provenance>.

What is the smallest ODD you can create that exhibits these two problems?

If you can provide it, it will be easier for people to provide help.  Failing that,
pointers to the ODD you’re using and the schema documents you are
generating would be helpful.

C. M. Sperberg-McQueen
Black Mesa Technologies LLC
[hidden email]
http://www.blackmesatech.com

Re: Two schema questions

Torsten Schassan-2
I attached one, which I used again in ROMA and replicated the behaviour.

Thanks for your help.

Am 28.02.2017 um 18:43 schrieb C. M. Sperberg-McQueen:

>> On Feb 28, 2017, at 8:41 AM, Torsten Schassan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Dear colleagues,
>>
>> I generated a schema via ROMA and for various elements, the attribute @rendition has been included twice:
>>
>> <ref name="TEI_att.global.attribute.rendition"/>
>> <ref name="TEI_att.global.rendition.attribute.rendition"/>
>>

>> I guess it's a bug? Does anyone know why it appears or how to solve it?
>>

>> For the second question I don't really know whether it is an Oxygen or a schema question:
>>
>> My schema contains att.global.responsibility. This group is referenced from att.global. att.global is included in every element definition.
>>
>> Nonetheless, Oxygen doesn't show the attributes from att.global.responsibility for all elements during editing. The attributes aren't shown for most elements but they are shown e.g. for <origin> or <provenance>.
>>

> What is the smallest ODD you can create that exhibits these two problems?
>
> If you can provide it, it will be easier for people to provide help.  Failing that,
> pointers to the ODD you’re using and the schema documents you are
> generating would be helpful.

> C. M. Sperberg-McQueen
> Black Mesa Technologies LLC
> [hidden email]
> http://www.blackmesatech.com

Torsten Schassan - Digitale Editionen, Abteilung Handschriften und
Sondersammlungen
Herzog August Bibliothek, Postfach 1364, D-38299 Wolfenbuettel, Tel.:
+49-5331-808-130 (Fax -165)
Handschriftendatenbank* http://diglib.hab.de/?db=mss

cataloguing-test.xml (8K) Download Attachment

Re: Two schema questions

Lou Burnard-6
Hi Torsten

Your ODD is  trying to remove the @rendition attribute from a class in
which it does not exist: it's not in att.global, but in
att.global.rendition.

change the classSpec at the end of the file to read

   <classSpec ident="att.global.rendition" type="atts" mode="change"
module="tei">

and the problem should go away

     in haste

Lou

On 28/02/17 18:27, Torsten Schassan wrote:

> I attached one, which I used again in ROMA and replicated the behaviour.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>

> Am 28.02.2017 um 18:43 schrieb C. M. Sperberg-McQueen:
>>
>>> On Feb 28, 2017, at 8:41 AM, Torsten Schassan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Dear colleagues,
>>>
>>> I generated a schema via ROMA and for various elements, the
>>> attribute @rendition has been included twice:
>>>
>>> <ref name="TEI_att.global.attribute.rendition"/>
>>> <ref name="TEI_att.global.rendition.attribute.rendition"/>
>>>

>>> I guess it's a bug? Does anyone know why it appears or how to solve it?
>>>

>>> For the second question I don't really know whether it is an Oxygen
>>> or a schema question:
>>>
>>> My schema contains att.global.responsibility. This group is
>>> referenced from att.global. att.global is included in every element
>>> definition.
>>>
>>> Nonetheless, Oxygen doesn't show the attributes from
>>> att.global.responsibility for all elements during editing. The
>>> attributes aren't shown for most elements but they are shown e.g.
>>> for <origin> or <provenance>.
>>>

>> What is the smallest ODD you can create that exhibits these two
>> problems?
>>
>> If you can provide it, it will be easier for people to provide help.
>> Failing that,
>> pointers to the ODD you’re using and the schema documents you are
>> generating would be helpful.

>> C. M. Sperberg-McQueen
>> Black Mesa Technologies LLC
>> [hidden email]
>> http://www.blackmesatech.com

Re: Two schema questions

Torsten Schassan-2
Thank you Lou,

your hint helped to solve the first issue I reported.

For the second it might well be a matter of caching and/or the operating
system: The faulty behaviour occured on a Windows machine while trying
the same on a Linux one Oxygen behaves as expected and shows all the
global attributes.

Thank you for your help!

Best, Torsten