XPath Course

Elisa Beshero-Bondar
Dear TEI List,
It all starts with XPath!

XPath is the foundation of a host of technologies used broadly in Digital Humanities projects and elsewhere to work with XML documents, including XSLT, XQuery, and Schematron. And XPath is also the organizational core of our brand new University of Victoria (Canada) Digital Humanities Summer Institute (DHSI) 2018 Course #44, “XPath for Document Archaeology and Project Management”, to be offered in week 2 (11-15 June 2018) of this year’s Summer Institute.

We’ve just updated our course description to welcome new XML coders—participants need not have any background with writing XPath, XSLT, XQuery, or Schematron to join our course, since you will learn about both XPath fundamentals and the use of XPath in dependent technologies from us. Experienced hands are welcome, too; the course will provide an intensive and extensive survey of many things you can do with XPath, and that’s useful to anyone with XML projects in the planning stages or under way.

Read about it at https://github.com/ebeshero/UpTransformation/blob/master/dhsi-XPath_CourseDescription.md and follow the link to the DHSI registration page. There are tuition scholarships available for this course, but you need to apply for them, which you can do at http://www.dhsi.org/scholarships.php. We look forward to welcoming you in the course, and please help spread the word! This is a great opportunity to acquire the XPath Superpowers needed to engage computational with XML projects of all kinds.

Sincerely,

Elisa Beshero-Bondar and David J. Birnbaum
Your DHSI XPath Instructors
--
Elisa Beshero-Bondar, PhD
TEI Technical Council Member