abbreviation of edited work

Pietro Liuzzo
Dear all,

I fail to find out how to encode the abbreviations used to cite a text.

I have for example a TEI file with the edition of a literary work which has title "Salâm ad Mariam" and I want to say that it is normally abbreviated as "Sal. Mar.". Ideally I should be able to add many options.

any suggestions on how to do this?

Thanks a lot!
Pietro

--
Pietro Maria Liuzzo
cel (DE): +49 (0) 176 61 000 606
Skype: pietro.liuzzo (Quingentole)

Re: abbreviation of edited work

Elisa Beshero-Bondar
Dear Pietro,
Would the element <abbr>, used in conjunction with <choice> work for you? See http://www.tei-c.org/release/doc/tei-p5-doc/en/html/ref-abbr.html

Best,
Elisa

On Wed, Mar 15, 2017 at 7:03 PM, Pietro Liuzzo <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear all,

I fail to find out how to encode the abbreviations used to cite a text.

I have for example a TEI file with the edition of a literary work which has title "Salâm ad Mariam" and I want to say that it is normally abbreviated as "Sal. Mar.". Ideally I should be able to add many options.

any suggestions on how to do this?

Thanks a lot!
Pietro

--
Pietro Maria Liuzzo
cel (DE): +49 (0) 176 61 000 606
Skype: pietro.liuzzo (Quingentole)

--
Elisa Beshero-Bondar, PhD
Director, Center for the Digital Text | Associate Professor of English
E-mail:[hidden email]
Development site: http://newtfire.org

Re: abbreviation of edited work

Hugh Cayless-2