docx stylesheets

Torsten Schassan-2
Dear colleagues,

does anyone know why in the processing of docx documents the conversion
of comments has been left out?

In the docx the beginning and end of the range of texts to which a
comment has been made is represented as <w:commentRangeStart> resp.
<w:commentRangeEnd> and it would have been pretty straightforward to
represent these as milestones but hasn't been implemented.

If there's no reason for leaving that out I would be happy to submit a
ticket.

Best, Torsten

--
Torsten Schassan - Digitale Editionen, Abteilung Handschriften und
Sondersammlungen
+49-5331-808-130 (Fax -165)
Handschriftendatenbank* http://diglib.hab.de/?db=mss

Re: docx stylesheets

Lou Burnard-6
The docx stylesheets are quite selective in what they transfer, since
people's requirements vary a lot. In this case, for example, you might
prefer to turn your Word comments into milestones, but someone else
would rather see them as XML comments.

You can of course modify this behaviour relatively simply, by setting up
a profile for the stylesheet. I did this for a project which needed to
preserve  tab characters  (which disappear silently by default), and am
happy to supply details.