encoding TEI diplomatic transcriptions of Hobbes work in Latin

encoding TEI diplomatic transcriptions of Hobbes work in Latin

Serge Heiden-2
Dear all,

For a project building an open-source TEI corpus of Hobbes’s political work based on EEBO digitizations for analysis with the TXM textometric tools, we are looking for partners and companies that could help us to encode TEI diplomatic transcriptions of Hobbes work in Latin.

We have already built a TXM corpus of some Hobbes work in English from EEBO-TCP Phase I files:
- The Elements of Law (tcp A43995 and tcp A43978)
- De cive (tcp A86417)
- Leviathan (tcp A43998)

To complete the corpus further, we would need the TEI diplomatic transcriptions of the following texts:
- the Latin De cive and Leviathan
- Opera philosophica quæ latine scripsit omnia

If you are interested in a partnership, please contact me. For partnership with companies, we are interested to know the cost of keying and encoding such texts (or more generally of any text of that type with a cost per number of words or pages).

Best regards,

Serge Heiden

--
Dr. Serge Heiden, slh AT ens-lyon.fr, http://textometrie.ens-lyon.fr
Équipe de recherche Cactus, laboratoire IHRIM UMR5317, ENS de Lyon