linkGrp: inconsistency between Note and Content model?

linkGrp: inconsistency between Note and Content model?

Martin de la Iglesia-3
Dear list,

I find <http://www.tei-c.org/release/doc/tei-p5-doc/en/html/ref-linkGrp.html> somewhat confusing: the Note says, "May contain one or more link elements only, optionally with interspersed pointer elements", which looks to me as if <linkGrp><ptr/></linkGrp> is not allowed. However, according to both Content model and Schema Declaration, a <linkGrp> with no <link> elements is fine as long as it contains at least one <ptr>.
If it were up to me, I'd make both <link> and <ptr> optional so that empty <linkGrp>s would be allowed, but in any case I think there's a conflict in the current element definition that needs to be resolved in some way. What do you all think about this?

Martin de la Iglesia, Kommentierte digitale Edition der Reise- und Sammlungsbeschreibungen Philipp Hainhofers (1578-1647)
Herzog August Bibliothek, Lessingplatz 1, Postfach 1364, D 38299 Wolfenbüttel - Tel. +49 5331 808-125

Re: linkGrp: inconsistency between Note and Content model?

Martin de la Iglesia-3
I've just created a GitHub issue for this problem, if anyone would like to weigh in there: <https://github.com/TEIC/TEI/issues/1725>