listState element

De Tienne, Andre

I earlier mentioned the ghostly presence of the attribute class “att.ptrLike.form.xml” in the list of XML files at  https://tei-c.org/Vault/P5/current/xml/tei/odd/Source/Specs/.  Syd Bauman confirmed that it must have long been deprecated and “ought to be moved to Defunct/”. Another candidate for that fateful move in that same list appears to be the element file “listState.xml.” That element, “listState,” used to be part of the namesdates module and was intended to “contain a list of various kinds of characteristics of people, places, and organizations.” It no longer exists in the current list of 580 elements.

André

-----------------------

André De Tienne, Ph.D.

Director and General Editor

Peirce Edition Project

Institute for American Thought

Professor of Philosophy

Department of Philosophy

Editor-in-chief, The American Journal of Semiotics

Indiana University School of Liberal Arts

Indiana University–Purdue University Indianapolis

902 W New York St

ES 0010

Indianapolis, IN 46202-5197

317-274-2033

IAT: 317-274-2173

adetienn(at)iupui.edu

www.peirce.iupui.edu/

liberalarts.iupui.edu/iat/

Re: listState element

Peter Stadler
Hi André,

many thanks for spotting these relicts! I will take care of them and move them to the defunct cabinet :)

Best
Peter