<additions> again

MLH

<additions> again

MLH

I don't know if this would address the points raised by earlier posts, but I think there is a good case for allowing <msItem> inside <additions>. The usage examples in the Guidelines deal with brief marginalia, but often additions are more substantial, as in this example (one of many) from the Bodleian's Catalogue of Lyell Manuscripts

(http://medieval.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/images/ms/cah/cah0142.gif). Information about incipits, explicits, etc., or indeed authors/titles, can't currently be captured in <additions>. Of course you could restructure the entry and put all the material inside <msContents> with appropriate notes, but many catalogues do cover additions in a separate section, which it may be desirable to retain in a TEI edition.

Matthew

Re: <additions> again

Philipp Vanscheidt-2
Dear *,

thanks for your remarks and for revising the example in the guidelines.
We have discussed the proposals in our project and we will try to do it
with <list>, because it seems possible in our case and we want to stay
conformant with P5. But the other solutions sound very interesting,
especially the proposal with <msItem>. Thus, I took the liberty of
summarizing the discussion in a feature request:

https://github.com/TEIC/TEI/issues/1542

Feel free to comment.

Best,
Philipp

--
Technische Universität Darmstadt, Institut für Sprach- und
Literaturwissenschaft