(no subject)

KRAFT
Date:     Wednesday, 3 October 1990 2055-EST
From:     KRAFT@PENNDRLS
Subject:  Septuagint/Computer Article
To:       [hidden email] (Emanuel Tov)
To:       TREAT@PENNDRLS
To:       HUMM@PENNDRLS

The attached invitation from the Rylands Library Bulletin
is sort of self explanatory. Gordon Neal (classicist, and a
personal friend) and David Mealand made the initial contacts,
asking about field-specific results of computer assisted
research approaches. I encouraged them to think that the
CATSS crowd, or some subset thereof, could do what they
want. We could move in a variety of directions, from a
general overview/update to specifics about morph or alignment
or variants or papyri or other things. Apparently they want
this pinned down relatively quickly, with regard to the names
of the probable authors. Your frank ideas (including any
volunteering) are warmly solicited -- I'm happy to coordinate
things if necessary, but would just as soon pass the actual
assignment and credits to others, as appropriate.
(PS. I'm having my work-study student scan in the Brock-
Jellicoe-Fritsch bibliography for updating, etc., if that
will be of general use to any of you, or if anyone wants to
help with the proofing/correcting.)
Bob