remove @version on <TEI> and <teiCorpus>

Scholger, Martina (martina.scholger@uni-graz.at)

Dear TEI Community,

I'm writing on behalf of the TEI Technical Council with a follow up on my email from 2020-07-16 regarding the version attribute on <TEI> and <teiCorpus>.

Since there was no response I would ask you once again if removing the version attribute on <TEI> and <teiCorpus> would affect your work or if we can proceed.

Best,

Martina

Martina Scholger

Zentrum für Informationsmodellierung – Austrian Centre for Digital Humanities

Elisabethstraße 59/III

8010 Graz, Austria

[hidden email]

https://informationsmodellierung.uni-graz.at | https://gams.uni.graz.at

Institut für Dokumentologie und Editorik e.V. | https://i-d-e.de

Chair of the TEI Technical Council | http://tei-c.org

SV: remove @version on <TEI> and <teiCorpus>

Sigfrid Lundberg
Dear Martina,

I have a good overview over TEI use practices in Denmark, and (for what it's worth) I don't think anyone here would mourn the removal of @version.

A related thought: Personally I'm not fond of version numbers in name space URIs. The @version number attribute on root causes little problem and harms no one, but changing versioned name space URIs can make whole cohorts of documents invalid. Please stick to the one we have until death do us part!

Yours,

Sigfrid

I'm writing on behalf of the TEI Technical Council with a follow up on my email from 2020-07-16 regarding the version attribute on <TEI> and <teiCorpus>.
Since there was no response I would ask you once again if removing the version attribute on <TEI> and <teiCorpus> would affect your work or if we can proceed.

Best,
Martina

Martina Scholger
Zentrum für Informationsmodellierung – Austrian Centre for Digital Humanities
Elisabethstraße 59/III
8010 Graz, Austria
[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>
https://informationsmodellierung.uni-graz.at<https://informationsmodellierung.uni-graz.at/> | https://gams.uni.graz.at<https://gams.uni.graz.at/>

Institut für Dokumentologie und Editorik e.V. | https://i-d-e.de<https://i-d-e.de/>
Chair of the TEI Technical Council | http://tei-c.org

Re: remove @version on <TEI> and <teiCorpus>

Eduard Drenth
For us it is no problem if the version attribute disappears, if it were a problem we would include it in our ODD

Regards, Eduard

--
Eduard Drenth, Software Architekt

Doelestrjitte 8