@sortKey for origPlace

Torsten Schassan-2
Dear colleagues,

am I wrong to assume that <prigPlace> is a special kind of <place> and
thus it could (and should) be member of att.sortable, as <place> is?

Best, Torsten

--
Torsten Schassan - Digitale Editionen, Abteilung Handschriften und
Sondersammlungen
Fax -165
Handschriftendatenbank <http://diglib.hab.de/?db=mss>

Re: @sortKey for origPlace

James Cummings-4
Hi Torsten,

I'd say that origPlace is a special type of placeName rather than place. But agree that it being sortable makes sense.

James

--
Dr James Cummings, Academic IT Services, University of Oxford

On 28 Aug 2017 11:38, Torsten Schassan <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear colleagues,

am I wrong to assume that <prigPlace> is a special kind of <place> and
thus it could (and should) be member of att.sortable, as <place> is?

Best, Torsten

--
Torsten Schassan - Digitale Editionen, Abteilung Handschriften und
Sondersammlungen
Herzog August Bibliothek, D-38299 Wolfenbuettel, Tel. +49 5331 808-130
Fax -165
Handschriftendatenbank <http://diglib.hab.de/?db=mss>

Re: @sortKey for origPlace

Torsten Schassan-2
Hi James,

while you're completely right and <origPlace> is more similar to
<placeName> can anyone explain why <xxName>s aren't members of
att.sortable though?

Best, Torsten

PS: And, as always: Shall I submit a FR?

Fax -165
Handschriftendatenbank <http://diglib.hab.de/?db=mss>

Re: @sortKey for origPlace

Peter Stadler
> Am 28.08.2017 um 13:05 schrieb Torsten Schassan <[hidden email]>:
>
> Hi James,
>
> while you're completely right and <origPlace> is more similar to <placeName> can anyone explain why <xxName>s aren't members of att.sortable though?
>
> Best, Torsten
>
> PS: And, as always: Shall I submit a FR?

I’d say yes!

Cheers
Peter