@type for <p>?

Martin Mueller

While validating a set of TCP files, I came across A06301, “The briefe contents of the bill exhibited against logwood, and abuses in dying”, a pamphlet by the Dyers’ Company. It has ten instances of < p rend=”small”>.  Which reminded me of the recent thread about type attributes for <p>.  Are there half a dozen folks on this list who would like to join me in drafting a proposal?

This is not a new issue, and the arguments pro and con are pretty well established. I happen to think it would be a good idea to use type attributes as a way of marking a fluid hierarchy that is less rigid than the hierarchy of divs. Others may disagree. If half a dozen people will join me, I’ll draft a proposal and circulate it among for amendments before submitting it as a formal ticket. If not, I won’t.

Re: @type for <p>?

Paul Schaffner
Sure, if you'll have me. pfs

--
Paul Schaffner  Digital Content & Collections
University of Michigan Libraries