wot! no simplePrint?

Lou Burnard-6

If you fire up web Roma at http://www.tei-c.org/Roma/ -- which is still a good point of entry for many TEI novices --  it still only offers a choice of TEI Tite or TEI Lite as "existing TEI-defined customizations". Is it really so hard to add simplePrint to the list? I know there's a plan to replace web Roma any time soon, but while we're waiting...

Re: wot! no simplePrint?

Martin Mueller

Indeed,. But while we’re waiting, couldn’t we take a little time off and merge Tei SimplePrint, TEI Lite, and perhaps a few other customizations to merge in a customization somewhere between a Subaru Outback and a Porsche Cayenne as the vehicle that will get  most of what you need to most of where you want to in the least amount of time.  And it’s going to be “free”. You might wish for a little more recognition of all the sunk labour that goes into the maintenance of the TEi. But, as the unhappy says at the end of Fontane’s Effie Briest, “that would be too wide a field.”

From: "TEI (Text Encoding Initiative) public discussion list" <[hidden email]> on behalf of Lou Burnard <[hidden email]>
Date: Sunday, September 24, 2017 at 3:14 PM
To: "TEI (Text Encoding Initiative) public discussion list" <[hidden email]>
Subject: wot! no simplePrint?

If you fire up web Roma at http://www.tei-c.org/Roma/ -- which is still a good point of entry for many TEI novices --  it still only offers a choice of TEI Tite or TEI Lite as "existing TEI-defined customizations". Is it really so hard to add simplePrint to the list? I know there's a plan to replace web Roma any time soon, but while we're waiting...

Re: wot! no simplePrint?

Hi Lou,

I believe that adding https://github.com/TEIC/Roma/blob/master/index.html#L89 might be all that was necessary as long as it can see a current release of TEI... Do you agree? (However, that doesn't release it onto the TEI live server, someone should do that.)

Best wishes,

James

--

Dr James Cummings, [hidden email]

School of English Literature, Language, and Linguistics, Newcastle University

If you fire up web Roma at http://www.tei-c.org/Roma/ -- which is still a good point of entry for many TEI novices --  it still only offers a choice of TEI Tite or TEI Lite as "existing TEI-defined customizations". Is it really so hard to add simplePrint to the list? I know there's a plan to replace web Roma any time soon, but while we're waiting...

Re: wot! no simplePrint?

Yes that looks highly plausible... Could someone please update the server accordingly?

Sent from my Huawei Mobile