wysiwyhaf, the sequel

Willard McCarty-2
My thanks to Lou for his controlled belligerence. For what it's worth
I certainly don't think the separation of tasks (design of the language
from design of the software than can handle it) is misconceived at all.
Perhaps, however, it is an unwritten task of the community that the
TEI has discovered and strengthened to do something about the specifications
for software. A fascinating bunch of problems, no? Or have I somehow
overlooked seminal work in this area?

I think we may have progressed from the stage of "now that we have all this
complex markup let's figure out how to get rid of it" to the stage of "let's
start thinking about how to act on it".

Willard McCarty